5.21.2008

Looking Back

So I was reading my friend Shannon's blog and she tagged everyone so here it goes:

May 1988 (20 years ago): I was a sophomore at Beverly Hills High. I was trying out for the Varsity Squad in flag for cheer leading. I was probably getting ready for a Varsity Gymnastics meet. It was also most the end of the school year so I would have been studying for finals. And oh yeah, I was also working evenings and weekend with Shannon at the Beverly Hills Public Library, where we were anything but quiet and got paid to hang out together and work on our homework. If it is a Friday more oftem than not I was spending the night at Shannon's with Carol and Tony would be sneeking in the window with fries and apple pies.

May 1993 (15 years ago): Let me think is one is hard but if I remember right I was finishing my 3rd year at college and since I went to different school every year I think that year I was in Malibu at Pepperdine. Nice location, nice school but I know I was having a hard time focusing as I was WAY into my boyfriend, Owen at the time. I think we were even starting to talk about living together and moving to Utah. (though if my mom reads this I will deny ever admitting that).

May 1998 (10 years ago): Owen and I had been married almost a year and were living in a great apartment near Big Cottonwood Canyon in Salt Lake. I was working for Conger Chiropractic doing their insurance billing. I was pregnant with our first child and right around Memorial Day were would be having the Ultrasound to find out that we would be having a BOY.

May 2003 (5 years ago): This would be a busy 5 years as I would now be a stay at home mom to 3 kids. Jared would be 4 1/2, Hayden 3 and Jillian 18 months. We are living in a beautiful home in Sandy, Utah. The weather would be getting better and we would probably be thinking of our first boating trip for the year. Other than that 2003 was a blurr.

May 2007 (1 Year ago): We decided to move to Logan while the kids were off track and put our Sandy home on the market. I remember not feeling great about the move, but looking back on it was more than likely morning sickness because in June I found out I was pregnant with baby #5. Let me tell you how hard it is to move a family of 6, packing and unpacking all the while you just want to barf. I was also worrying about how I was going to keep my kids entertained while they were out of school for 3 months straight. I was use to year round school and only need to find something for a few weeks at a time.

Well that was a scary look back, if you have a blog now it is your turn. Good luck.


No comments: