PS thanks Kelly for taking this picture. Jillian didn't want me taking her to school today. Obviously she is to big to need her mom to do that.
We had most of the big girls cousins in town for the Phillips family reunion. Kelly had just gotten her ears pierced right before coming up. Needless to say the first thing out of Jillian's mouth was "Kelly has her ears done. Why can't I?" Well I told her that Taylor and Alex don't have theirs done. Well then there mom's were we should do them all together. I said they both did it that I would let Jillian do her, too. Alex really wanted hers done but was very afraid so I wasn't sure if Jillian, Kelly and Lauren would be able to talk her into it. It took most of they day and when we were in the mall Alex kept saying she was scared but wanted to. I thought she might back out and I would get to wait till Jillian was eight like I had planned. But as you can see no such luck. Jillian instantly looks older. Every time I look at her it is like see a different girl, but she is very excited to be starting the 1st grade with her ears pierced.
Now here is what I am suppose to do to share the love.
1. Put the logo on your blog. Okay
2. Add a link to the person who awarded it to you. Okay
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs. SEVEN I am new at this but I have 4 for now
4. Add links to these blogs on your blog. See the loving below.
5. Leave a message for your nominee on their blog. Working on it...
I visit all of these guys everyday for a laugh and a smile, some of them are so busy sharing that I get to visit then a couple times a day. Check them all out.
Debbie at This is the Life is witty and always willing to share her diet coke. She really make me miss one of my best friends who moved away to Georgia.
Jenny at Picky Palate has great recipes that are very family friendly. A favorite at our house is Cheesy Mexi-rigatoni Bake.
A new place I have been frequenting is Vintage Thirty. Tootsie's outlook makes me giggle just thinking about blog.
Mama's Losin' It shares not only funny things about being a mom but about running an in home day care. She deserves a bigger award than this but this is what I got.
I will try to pass the love to three others I just need some time for thinking.
Thanks again Jen, Bernardo and Guillermo
So this weekend we had lots of cousins come to visit. And only one family had to come. Jen and Brett are up for the family reunion which isn't til next weekend. So they spent this weekend here. Grandma Chris drove home with them so she was here for as night as well. This was the first time that Jen got to meet Jason. The picture of the girls drawing on the trampoline seems like a strange thing to do on the trampoline. Until you know they are making a list of things they wanted to do together while they were here. The list included things like go for a nature walk, sleep on the trampoline, tell scary stories, play in the sprinklers on the trampoline, play Wii, have Popsicles. I am glad to report that they did everything on the list. Jillian was in heaven having the girls out number the boys. She and Kelly were inseparable. Gavin and Brooke are finally old enough that they had a blast playing together. They played hide and go seek . It was so cute.
Jared and Gavin went to spend a couple of nights with the Byars. It was one party after another. Thursday there was a fiesta pool party at the apartments. I took all of the kids to go swimming and do the pinatas. They had a cool jet ski raft for the kids to putt around the pool in and they had a DJ. Then we left so the real fun could begin.
** You can pause the music so you can hear the movie. Just hit pause on playlist **
As you can see Gavin is ALL boy. He likes to be helpful. When is it that they go from being helpful to not want to be bothered? Because the big boy (aka Jared and Hayden) were nowhere to be found all day during this project.
By necessity we have had to expand the arbor outside. When we first planted the wisteria we were told that is was slow growing and probably would not bloom the first 5 or 6 years it was in the ground. Well you have all ready seen the beautiful blooms we get and after several summers it has over grown it's arbor. We always wanted the arbor to cover the patio so now it will. Once it is done and we straighten out the plant it should over the arbor expansion at least half way. Once we have that done I will post the completion pictures.
9 Words WOMEN Use
(1) Fine: This is the word women use to end an argumentwhen they are right and you need to shut up.
(2) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around thehouse.
3) Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.
(4) Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!
(5) Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is anon-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing.(Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)
(6) That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.
(7) Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or Faint. Just say you're welcome. (I want to add in a clause here - This is true, unless she says "Thanks a lot" - that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say "you're welcome" ... that will bring on a "whatever").
(8) Whatever: Is a women's way of saying "Kiss my butt"!
(9) Don't worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking "What's wrong?" For the woman's response refer to # 3.
As I said before we were in Idaho for the holiday weekend. Owen and Kory took all of the kids to Lewiston for a home town fireworks show. (Steph and I stayed home with sleeping babies the show didn't start till 10pm) Aren't the pictures what the 4th is about? Laying on your back in the grass watching the lights in the sky with your cousins. You can not buy those kinds of memories.
We spent the holiday weekend in Idaho at Steph and Kory's. As normal Owen could not keep away from Rattlesnake. I swear I think that mountain has an unnatural pull on the guy. It must remind him of his youth. This time though he took ALL of the boys (except Hayden, he wanted to hang with Alex). As you can see they had a great time. It wasn't all play Grandpa did put them to work. He made them clean out an old trailer he bought to take up the mountain. He also had them mark and water some new trees he planted. Cameron got to drive the Rhino and Jared got a shot a driving the BIG 4-wheeler. On a side note, Cameron not only is looking like a teenager he is sounding like one to, His voice has started to change. I am only his Aunt an I am so not ready to have a teenager in our group.
This is from the summer of 2005. Stephanie and the kids were living very close in Draper while she was doing her student teaching. The apartments she lived at had a pool. It was GREAT. We saw our cousins on almost daily basis and we got to swim. Thinking back I really miss sharing cooking duty. We really ate well when Steph was around to mix up my standard meals. I really should pull out some of her recipes that I know the kids love. Maybe after it cools down some and we start cooking in the house again. Man we miss having them close by but we are sure glad we now have Kory and more cousins to play with. We are going to be spend the 4th of July with them so we will have new pictures and memories with them. Check back later for new photos.
Wow, times flies. Mom is about wanting me to get bigger wanting me to stay a baby. For an update for those that want to know I now weight 12 pounds and am 24 inches long.
Other interesting facts:
- playing with my toes keeps me well entertained
- rolling over is a breeze though I don't go from tummy to back if someone is watching
- thumb sucking only happens if I am very tired and in my car seat
- Mom can see tooth bumps which explains why I am always chewing on my hands
- I practically have this sitting on my own down
- I love to be tossed in the air, it makes me giggle
- I like to ride in the shopping cart like a big girl, if I am in car seat I get mad and don't let mom finish unless she is carrying me
- I light up when Hayden gets home from school and tells me about is day
- I get very chatty when Daddy get home so I can tell him what my day was like
- Sometimes I sleep for 6 hours at night (from 7pm to 1am)
- at least two naps a day keeps me a happy girl
- I sleep best on my tummy
- I like blowing raspberries at everyone
- I still like to snuggle with mom, dad will do in a pinch
watch for future posts about how I am growing and changing. I hope Mommy does get to mad at me I used her new computer and us kids aren't suppose to touch but I am way cute so she may forgive me.